Aruba Australia Austria Bahamas Bermuda Brazil Canada China Denmark Egypt England France Germany Greece Holland Hungary Iceland Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Kenya Mexico Morocco Norway Peru Portugal Russia Scotland Singapore South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland Tahiti Turkey United States of America (Alaska Arizona California Florida Vietnam Virgin Islands
- This is the official travel guide web site by the government of Aruba.
- In addition to general travel information, you can order, for around $13, an
“Aruba Advantage Card,” which gives you many discounts throughout the
- This extraordinarily well-done web site by the Australian Tourist Commission
is available in eight popular languages. This web site covers virtually all
questions, concerns, and advice you may have about your trip, from where you can
smoke to what activities you might like to do, from the Outback to the cities.
- This English-language site is run by the Austrian National Tourist Office.
- This is the official site of the government of the Bahamas.
- The official web site of the Department of Tourism.
- Practical and useful travel advice and information about Bermuda.
- This charming travelogue web site, developed by Sheila Thomson, will give you
a glimpse of the best of Brazil. The name of the site was taken from Sheila’s
daughter, Maria. Read about some of Sheila’s favorite Brazilian places,
recipes, mixed drinks, and all sorts of odds and ends.
- The official web site of the Canadian Tourism Commission is available in
English and French.
- The official web site of the China National Tourist Office.
- This is the official web site of the Danish Tourist Board.
- This Egyptian site is available in Spanish and English and is the official
site for the Government Tourist Offices in the Americas.
- The official Internet site of the The Ministry of Tourism in Egypt is charming
and informative. In addition to general travel advice and information, there are
coloring pages, games and stories for children, e-postcards, and recipes.
- This humorous site contains British English translations for Americans. Mike
Etherington, the site owner, has also written The
Best of British, The American’s Guide to Speaking British.
So as not to go “barmy” (crazy) or to seem “naff” (uncool) or just to
have a laugh, you might want to read up on this site before going to England.
- The London Tourist Board’s highly comprehensive official site provides
information about accommodations, attractions, events, sightseeing, restaurants,
shopping, entertainment, nightclubs, cafes, and of course, the London pubs.
- The web site of the distinguished National Gallery Museum in London, England,
which contains an impressive collection of art throughout the ages.
- Ou la la! In addition to travel information, this site has news, culture,
business, and shopping information. Francophiles will delight in their
collection of “best of the web” French links.
- The official web site of the French Government Tourist Office.
- This informative web site focuses on what the site owners believe to be the
best restaurants, sightseeing and activities in France. In addition to
that, they also have a practical advice section that may be especially
helpful for the first time traveler.
- Numerous French links and a virtual tour of Paris will delight the
- The official web site of the German National Tourist Board, available in
English and German, is comprehensive and highly informative. Get travel
tips, learn about popular destinations, events, and German culture.
- This portal site contains many links about Greece and also has discussion
groups and chat rooms.
- This web site captures the charm of Holland. Kudos for the cheery photography
and the entertaining, high-quality travel advice. Available in fourteen
languages, this is the official site of the Netherlands Board of Tourism.
- This lively travel guide welcomes you to “the new spirit of Old Europe.”
Topics include Budapest and other major areas, history, culture, and practical
- This outstanding, award-winning web site is highly informative and fun. In
addition to the general travel guide information, you can speak live to a travel
expert (at designated times), send e-cards, listen to some Irish music and trace
your family history.
- The official web site of the Irish Tourist Board.
- The “Discover Israel Inside” web site, belonging to the D. D. Travel
&Tourism, Inc., has won many awards.
- This is the official web site of the Israel Ministry of Tourism. In addition
to general travel guide information, this site provides vital information
regarding tourist regulations and requirements.
- This cheerful travel guide, owned by ByTech Communications, has continuously
updated panoramic views on many popular spots in Israel in addition to general
travel guide information.
- The official site of the Italian Government Tourism Board is available in
English, Italian, and French.
- The “Walks Inside Venice” web site displays breathtaking pictorial views
of Venice. Learn about the history, architecture, and art of this charming,
magnificent city. According to Marcel Proust: “When I went to Venice, my dream
became my address.”
- This cheerful, spirited site is the official site of the Jamaica Tourist
Board. I especially like their suggested list of things to do in Jamaica.
- The official web site of the Japan National Tourist Organization.
- The official web site of the Kenya Tourist Board.
- This site gives you information about safaris and other adventures in Kenya.
There is a short course in Swahili and e-mail postcards that you can send.
- The cheerful site is the official site of the Acapulco Convention and Visitors
Bureau and is available in English, French, and Spanish.
- This is the official site of the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau.
There’s a Mayan Kids section filled with facts and games in addition to the
general travel guide information.
- This general travel guide covers the major tourist areas in Mexico.
- This site is by the Moroccan Tourist Board and their partner, the Web
Development International Company.
- The official site of the Norwegian Tourist Board.
- This site is owned by Travelnet, a travel agency in New York and provides
information about interesting areas in Peru.
- Where to stay, what to do, and the regional gastronomy of Portugal. Note,
there is an underscore after the slash in the web address.
- This is the official site of the Russian National Tourist Office.
- This highly detailed, well-organized site is the official web site of the
Scottish Tourist Board. From, how to get there, to how to find a restaurant with
any restrictions or features you desire, you are sure to find almost any
information you need at this site.
- At the official site of the Singapore Tourism Board, you can find out just how
sophisticated and fun Singapore is when you read their article on “101 Ways to
Live it Up!” The site also features video clips.
- In addition to general information, the official South Africa Tourism site
contains an extensive gallery of pictures.
- This is the official site of the Tourist Office of Spain.
- The Swedish Tourist Board’s official site has exceptional photography.
- The Switzerland’s National Tourist Office’s official site is available in
English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- This site contains general travel information, a lovely photo gallery and you
can request a free brochure.
- Developed by Tayfun Kalyoncu, this site brings out the best of Turkey.
Learning about carpets, sightseeing, cuisine, and other travel aspects will give
you a cultural feel of Turkey.
www.turkey.org - The official site of the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Washington, D. C.
- Adventurous, fearless Karin Muller, the author of Hitchhiking
spent seven months in this southeast Asian country. At her site, you will find a
pictorially breathtaking, moving documentary of her experiences.
Copyright 2006-2013. All rights reserved.